Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Why? Why? Why?

Why is it that little boys don't seem to hear a word that you say? I know. Little girls are probably the same way. So I'll change that to 4 year olds? Why is it that 4 year olds don't seem to hear a word you say?

So here it is. My Bug is going through something. He's asserting his independence. He's in the terribe fours. He's jsut a little brat. I don't know. But he's being a trud. Lately, and for quite a while now, he's not been listening to anything I say. For some time he would listen to Chad. If I was just at my wits end I could get Daddy on the phone and he would put the fear of God in him with but a few words. Yeah he's not listening to him anymore either.

So the point of all this is we were at a friends where he loves to play on the trampoline. Well he had been playing there previously and his little ankle had gotten pinched in the spring. There was a huge chunk out of his ankle and it gushed.

So he'd been out there again the next day and the scab got knocked off. Gushing. Again.

So both times I got it cleaned up then sent him out to get his shoes and he was done on the trampoline for the day. So the 2nd day is the same and I sit down to help with dinner while he goes to get his shoes. I get 1 done and hear him screaming on the back porch. I go and check to see that there is yet another part of his body bleeding. Ahhhhhhhhhh! Why?

I get him up and run him to the sink to assess the damage. His knee is busted open. Ahhhhh. There's one ok scratch. Peroxide, Neosporin and a bandaid and it's fine. But he has one gash that's just gushing! Ahhhhhhh! Luckily there's really only one area that really needs a stitch so I just clean it good and butterfly it. So he's peroxided a few times, butterflied, triple antibioticed and bandaged. I set him on the couch to watch cartoons with a straight knee. Then later that night at Wal Mart he's treated to a giant chocolate milk. Yum!

Well the next day the fun began. I spent the next 12-18 hours trying to keep his knee straight. I'm not worried so much about everday activity. Just the running and playing which inevitably ends up crawling around wherever he might be playing.

This went on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Well.....Wednesday I gave up. He went out to play yesterday and today. His knee has stayed closed and everything looks to be healing nicely. Yea!

But the reason for this blog is that I am gray now. I was so concerned that the knee was going to get infected or what not that I worried myself gray in less then a week. LOL

Not really but I feel like it. His knee is getting better and we're not even putting butterflies on it anymore. But can someone please answer me why?

1 comment:

lokysmom79 said...

Hmmm, I feel your pain. Logan is driving me stark raving mad! I guess we'll get through it, hopefully without commiting homicide! (That was a joke people) Best of luck....and we'll pray hard together that they get over this fast!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online