Thursday, February 15, 2007

Why Why Why?

I really don't get it. I'm in Grayson's room cleaning today. I'm vacuuming and cleaning the carpet and just giving it that cleaning that it doesn't get everyday. So I have him running around the room picking up whatever he may have missed to insure that I don't vacuum it up. He asks me what I'm doing.

"I'm cleaning." He goes about his business picking up whatever I holler at him over the vacuum to pick up.

"What are you doing Mommy?"

I'm cleaning Grayson." Again he goes about helping with the deep cleaning.

"What are you doing Mommy?"

I'm more specific this time.

"I'm vacuuming the floor Grayson." He runs out of the room. For what reason I'm not sure. He could be going potty or throwing some trash away or flying to Jupiter. I'm not really sure. But alas........

"What are you doing Mommy?"

Argh.......So I told him yet again that I was cleaning his room and vacuuming the floor and I get a blank stare. Why do kids do this? Is there some gap in the little receptors that take the information that we give them to the short term part of the memory so that they just don't ever remember a word you say? I mean seriously. Wasn't I clear each and every single time that I told him what it was that I was doing? I must tell you that I told him each and every move that I was making every single time I changed activities.

If anyone knows the cure for this please let me know.

1 comment:

Rene Perez said...

Hee hee... give it up. Just keep answering.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online