Friday, February 23, 2007

The Beautiful Wonderful Internet!

I know that most everyone on here knows the evils of the DPS Office. My only good experiences are restricted to getting my license renewed once 6 years ago and that's it. I have always had horrible experiences with them.

When I got my permit in the summer of 95 everything went smoothly. Then I hadn't had that for long before I finished drivers school and went to get my license. Well for some unknown reason I wasn't in the system. So they had to issue me a hand written license. This was literally like a doctors prescription pad. They just filled in the info on the pad that was needed, tore it off and handed me my license. Well this was in August of 95. I then had to go in every month and have that renewed. They didn't get everything worked out until December. Joy. So then it has to be renewed every birthday until I turn 18. My birthday is in January. Argh. Oh well.

Well then every year was ok, justlong lines. Then after I turned 18 it wouldn't be until 4 years later that I would need to venture into one of those offices right? Wrong! I had to go 3 times between 18 and 22 because that would be how many times my wallet was stolen.

ThenI get it at 22. That was easy and I've had the same license since then. I still wasn't looking forward to renewing it this time. Well my sis needed to renew hers too and she was looking on the internet to do this.

I did a happy dance of ultimate joy when she told me that I could renew online! Whoo Hoo!

I entered some info off my license, confirmed the info on the license was right and paid for it! It cost $25. There was a processing fee. But I would pay it any day to avoid actually going to the office!

So Whoo Hoo! When I have to get my next renewal, at the age of *gasp 34, I will have a pic from my twenties on there. LOL

I got my license in the mail about 20 days after processing everything online, they give you a receipt to print off to keep with your picture license until you get the permanent one in the mail. It was the nicest license renewal experience ever and I am thrilled! Whoo Hoo!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online