Monday, January 29, 2007

A Week Without my Bug!

Yep! You read right! I won't see my Bug again until Sunday. Which actually came as a bit of a shock.

Friday night I dropped the Bug off with his Dad as I normally do, fully expecting to get him back on Sunday. So I call on Sunday to see the best time to go and get him and I'm asked if I don't remember him asking for him to spend the whole week with them. Apparently the girlfriend is on vacation. Ok. Yes. He did 2 weeks ago say something about them taking Grayson for a week during vacation. But I was in a hurry and he said that he would call me and talk to me about it later. No such call was ever received. In fact I made a call a week ago to inquire about this week and no call was returned. Then when dropping off the Bug I was not reminded and this was not discussed.

My question is this? Shouldn't things like this be discussed? Shouldn't you confirm that the parent doing the driving know how long you're expecting to keep the child so that things can be agreed upon? I think so.

Which leads me to something else. Does anyone else agree with me that we need to communicate on things such as Christmas and Birthday presents? Grayson's Dad has adopted the policy that Grayson has toys at his house and my house. Which is fine. But he goes on to further implement that these toys can NOT leave his house. This extends to clothes and shoes as well. Even movies. Grayson will ask to bring one of his toys home and he is told no. He comes back to me in the clothes that I sent him in. Which don't get me wrong. I fully appreciate that I get back the clothes that I sent him in clean and unstained. But what bothers is me is this. Say they are out for the day shopping or what have you and he's in something that his Daddy has bought him. If they don't have time to make it home his Daddy will ask when I meet them that I bring him a change of clothes. I send Grayson in clothes that I've purchased. I don't ask that he bring clothes for him so that my clothes don't leave the house. I also allow Grayson to take toys over to his Daddy's house that I have purchased for him. So why can't the same trust be extended to me? Why put such rules on Grayson when they are indeed his things? Am I being unreasonable to think that Grayson should be allowed to bring a favorite toy wherever he goes?

I could go on but it would open up a whole lot of other complaints and I'm not sure if I want to go on forever. So I'm putting this out there for you to decide. What are your views?

Now I also want to put in here that I completely understand that there are other parents out there that are in the type of situation that they buy nice things for their child then every time they get their child they are in dirty nasty clothes and never see the nice things that they bought for them ever again. That is not the case with me. Grayson's clothes are clean and unstained. Yes he does have some play stuff. But that is exactly what that stuff is. It's for running around the house and playing outside. Not for school/outings. This is why this is a problem for me.

I'll leave it to you now. What do you think? Am I being unreasonable?

And since I've veered so far off subject commened you for making it this far!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online