Friday, January 26, 2007

Lesson's Learned!

I'm not sure if anyone else is a fan of Carrie Underwood, but I know that I sure am. I just got her cd, Some Hearts, and I always like to sit down and really listen to a cd when I fist get it. Well I sat down and really listened to this one and this song really got to me. I've been really wondering lately about life and the roads that I've taken. The decisions I've made and whether they were right at the time, or even at all. Well this song brought a lot of perspective to all the questions that I've been asking myself. I'm pasting the lyrics below.

Lessons Learned
(Words & Music by Diane Warren)

There’s some things that I regret
Some words I wish had gone unsaid
Some starts that had some better endings
Been some bad times I ’ve been through
Damage I could not undo
Some things I wish I could do all all over again
But it don’t really matter
When life gets that much harder
It makes you that much stronger, oh
Some pages turned, some bridges burned
But there were lessons learned

From every tear that had to fall from my eyes
From every day I wondered how I’d get through the night
From every change life has thrown me
I’m thankful for every break in my heart
I’m grateful for every scar
Some pages turned, some bridges burned
But there were lessons learned

There’s mistakes that I have made
Some chances I just threw away
Some roads I never should’ve taken
Been some signs I didn’t see
Hearts that I hurt needlessly
Some wounds that I wish I could have one more chance to mend
But it don’t make no difference
The past can’t be re-written
You get the life you’re given, oh
Some pages turned, some bridges burned
But there were lessons learned

From every tear that had to fall from my eyes
From every day I wondered how I’d get through the night
From every change life has thrown me
I’m thankful for every breath in my heart
I’m grateful for every scar
Some pages turned, some bridges burned
But there were lessons learned

And all the things that break you
Are all the things that make you strong
You can’t change the past coz it’s gone
And you gotta just move on
It’s all lessons learned

Bridge with new changes:
and all the things that break you
Are all the things that make you strong
You can’t change the past cuz it’s gone
You just gotta move on
Because it’s all lessons learned

I was almost crying just sitting there thinking about everything that's gone on in my life and how I've been worried that I haven't made good decisions when it came to my life and my Bug's. But it just gave me the reassurance that I needed to get on with it and make things even better. To look back at what I learned from every hardhip that was thrown my way.

Yes. Grayson's father abandoned me not once but twice. But I was forced to learn how to do things on my own. To figure things out and become stronger.

Yes I lost my Mom at a young age. But I learned to appreciate the family I have and spend as much time with all of them as I can. I will never regret not having spent time with my loved ones.

Yes. I'm not where I thought that I would be in life right now, but I've learned that everything has happened for a reason and God is going to get me to where I need to be.

Of all the lessons I've learned that is the most important. Go is going to make sure that I end up exactly where I belong. I have Faith in that.

So Thank You to everyone and to God for my Lesson's Learned. They made me who I am today.

2 comments:

lokysmom79 said...

I have to agree with this, but you already know that. What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. The lessons that you've learned make you a better mother, a better friend, a better sister, a better daughter....It's worth it. I think that's why I don't hold near as much anger towards my grandfather and my ex husband as some probably would. Everything works out for a reason. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm always around, for ya, girl, however I can be, if u ever need a friend or anything. :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online