Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Serenity Prayer!

There's a line from the movie Step Mom that got me to thinking about my Bug. There's a part in the movie, as there are many, where Julia Roberts character is talking to Susan Sarandon's about the kids. Susan tells Julia about how Ben, the son, was born. About how he was born in 2 hours and his blanket looked like cape. When Julia asks Susan about his sister this is what she says,

"28 hours. The doctors wanted to go in and get her, but I knew she'd come at her own time. You can never rush her."

Now while I wasn't in labor for this amount of time this does apply to Grayson. At times I've called him the worlds slowest human being, slower then Christmas and many other things. But this is true of my little Bug.

Grayson is going to come to things in his own time. You can't rush him. That's just how he is.

He didn't sit up on his own until he was 9 months old. Which means that he didn't crawl until just before this, or pull up on furniture until just after this. Many other babies are doing these things far beyond this age. And while this may be attributed to the care that he was receiving, the baby sitter never put him down. Ever! In fact there are whisperings of her medicating him so that she could sleep all day, I digres. The point of this is that he's going to come into things in his own time and in his own way. And no matter how much I want him to scurry into that car seat it's just not going to happen. I may as well just put him in there myself.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So I will just keep repeating the serenity prayer in my head until he either moves out or decides to light a fire under it. I'm sure the moving out will come sooner but hey. I can dream can't I?

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online