Thursday, April 5, 2007

Drive Thrus!

I hate them. I'll start with that. Well I should correct that to say that I hate them in Beaumont.

Yes it's my bi weekly trip to Beaumont and I get here to find that Daddy has gone to Sonic about the time we are supposed to get here and forgot about us. So that leaves me to figure out something for dinner for the 2 of us. Grayson and myself that is. And it's a bachelor pad so there is nothing in the kitchen. Yea! So off to get food.

Now mind you when I was here the last time I tried for Sonic. I pulled up and pushed the button and waited. I usually always have someone answer within 2 minutes or so. I waited 15 minutes and no one answered. EVER! I was so ticked. I even pushed the button about every 5 minutes to remind them that I was there and not so much as Could you hold please? Argh! So I go on to McDonalds and get what I want figuring that this is just a Sonic thing. WRONG!

I want Chinese. Easy enough. Well Grayson isn't a huge fan of Chinese and I have to fight with him to get him to eat it. So Burger King it is so he can have a Sponge Bob toy! I start with Burger King because it's the furthest away and I figured I would get mine on the way back. His was really fast. Got in got out. So I head to get my dinner. I pull up and sit for a couple minutes and the car in front of me drives away. OK whatever. So they changed their minds right? Wrong.

I pulled up to the talking box and sit. I'm sitting mind you with the door open, because a certain someone fried my windows, and my leg propped on the open door waiting for them to take my order. All the while on the phone. I look down at the clock and realize that I've been sitting there for about 10 minutes. Hello? I start griping to the box. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE has even asked me to hold on. I keep griping at th box much to the dismay of the person on the other end of the phone. Well I finally get fed up and drive away.

Surely the next one will be better right? Wrong. I finally settle on Taco Bell and sit in line for a good 20minute before ordering then wait another 15 to get my food. Argh. I should have just had a Whopper.


So in short. When going to Beaumont don't count on a fast drive thru experience unless going to McDonalds or Burger King. I'll keep you posted on the other establishments as I try them.

1 comment:

Rene Perez said...

I really think all of the drive thru attendants were abducted.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online